In Vacuum – 3000℉
In air – 482℉
- This coating was engineered to lower porosity, while improving oxidation, wear, and corrosion resistance of porous based materials.
- Low viscosity (<10cps) and odor.
- Pyrolyzes to glass-ceramic in nitrogen or non-oxygen environments at 850℃.
- Compatible with most metals, ceramic powders, and carbon/ceramic fibers.
- Solvent free (Low VOC’s)
- One or more impregnation cycles will fill internal porosity, increasing density, and further resulting in a thin film barrier on the outer surfaces.
- Used to seal graphite, carbon fiber composites, and similar substrates.
- Oil quenching.