- One Part Coating : Dry time 1 hour @ 200C (350°F), Cures @ 650°C (1200°F)
- Alcohol based so flammable.
- Can ship by UPS ground. Hazmat Fee applied to shipping.
- Thin coating so 2-5 coats typically needed for sealing porous surfaces.
- Quart size = $45 each
- Gallon size = $160 each
- 5 Gallon size = $650 each
1) Additional $15 per shipping package for hazardous material surcharge
2) All sizes can ship by UPS ground
3) Larger quantities ship by truck
4) Shelf life of 6 months
5) Dilute with isopropyl alcohol or any solvent
BC501 Graphite Coating (1 gallon)
BC501 Graphite Coating (5 gallon)
Instructions for use:
1)Mix coating well before each use. Some settling may occur between uses.
2)Apply by painting, rolling or spraying.
3) Air dry for at least 1 hour.
4) Heat cure to 100ºC
5) Use in well ventelated hood or wide open area. Notes: 1) Use isopropyl alcohol or any solvent to thin if needed. 2) Caution- coating contains solvents and is flammable, be careful when handling & drying.
(Aluminum Oxide Coating Solution for Graphite & CFC’s)
- ATC-LV3 is a low VOC, solvent based coating with aluminaum oxide filler in a preceramic polymer binder - Designed to prevent contact reactions of metals to graphite - Can be applied to all graphite & Carbon-Fiber-Composite (CFC) surfaces
- Features include:
Applied by painting , rolling or spraying onto surfaces
Fast drying & curing
Good adhesion & thermal expansion fit to graphite-based surfaces
Excellent thermal stability over up to >14000C ( >2500 0F) in a non-oxidizing or vacuum environment
Long lasting performance when applied to both uncoated & previously coated surfaces
Good chemical resistance to most alloys
One coating usually sufficient
Low cost & repairable
6 month+ shelf life
•Available in pints, quarts, gallons & 5 gallon pails
- Pint size = $100 each
- Quart size = $180 each
- Gallon size = $400 each
- 5 Gallon size = $1300 each
Typically one coating is required to achieve designed performance.
For lower viscosity for spraying, dulute up to 20% with acetone.
Thoroughly stir before use & stir frequently during use to ensure good suspension is maintained
Due to solvent use, apply in a well ventilated area
Application by brush, roller or air brush-paint sprayer to graphite or CFC surfaces
Air dries in 30 minutes to a soft, tacky surface.
To fully dry, heat treat to 150C ( 300F ) for 30 minutes or more depending on coating thickness
To fully cure, heat treat in vacuum or protective atmospheres to at least 650C
Apply part to the coated surfaces only after curing
Between firings, check the surface for any chipping, pitting or scratches & spot repair those areas with a brush. No need to re-cure for small spots.