- Both products available in quart, gallon, 5 gallon and 50 gallon containers.
- These products do contain solvents & shipping requires additional "Haz Mat" fees.
- Quart, gallon & 5 gallon sizes can ship by UPS (add $15 Haz Met fee per shipment).
Graphite Cement (High Temperature)
Cement Packaging & Pricing(as of 6/2013) :
- Quart size = $85 each
- Gallon size = $250 each
- 5 Gallon size = $1000 each
(Note: Additional $15 per shipping package for hazardous material surcharge)
Max Temperature: 5400°F (~3000°C)
One Part Adhesive : Cure Time 3 Hours @ 350°F
This adhesive is used to bond:
- Graphite Flexible Foil to Graphite Rigid Insulation
- Graphite Flexible Foil to Carbon/Carbon Composite
- Graphite Flexible Foil to Graphite Felt
- Carbon/Carbon Composites to Insulation
- Graphite to Graphite bonding
Instructions for Graphite Adhesive
This is a one part adhesive. Mix well before each use. Max Temperature: 5400˚ F Curing Time:3 Hours @ 350˚ F
- 3 months at room temperature 70˚ F
- 6 months when refrigerated 40˚ F
1)Mix adhesive well before each use
2)Apply light coating of adhesive to one or both surfaces with a paint brush or paint roller
3)Apply weight or pressure for best bond results
4)Cure adhesive within 24 hours
5)Cure at approximately 350˚ F for three (3) hours
6) Note that initial heating to 650oC should be done slowly (1oC/minute). Additional outgassing may occur.
** Special Notes ** 1)For best results when bonding graphite flexible foil to graphite rigid insulation use our Graphite Coating (Graphite Insulation Surface Coating) before applying the High Temperature Graphite Adhesive. 2)Caution – Adhesive is flammable, be careful when curing.Adhesive will cure if ignited. 3)Use isopropyl alcohol to thin if needed ( caution bonding may differ when thinned )
4)Graphite fiber may be added to adhesive to produce a paste that may be used to patch graphite rigid insulation